Originally published at: Whistler backcountry – Kees and Claire Hut – Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Island Section
Cost: $90 pp for the hut stay – Maximum 6 participants (additional cost for lift and ACC Whistler membership – see below)
This is good introduction to the Whistler backcountry!! Beginning on the morning of March 14th we will use the lift serviced access to the backcountry through Whistler resort, and then ski-tour over the musical bumps to the Kees & Claire hut for a 2 night stay. You will need to transport your overnight pack, personal belongings, sleeping bag and food. From the hut we will have the option to do laps or rest in the hut. On the final day, March 16th, we will return to Whistler village via the Singing Pass trail in the afternoon.
Must have the following:
- Recent AST1 and some backcountry ski-touring experience.
- Very strong intermediate, preferably advanced ski skills required.
- Avalanche safety gear and know how to use it, backcountry skis or splitboard.
- A current ACC Whistler membership, which is currently a $13 add-on to your ACC membership.
We will meet first day in Whistler Village at 8am to purchase backcountry lift-access ticket (approx. $70).
Plan is to be back in Whistler Village before 5pm on the last day.
Contact Gary: email@example.com – please include the following:
- ACC Member Number
- Cell/text Number
- Emergency Contact name and contact phone number
- Are you willing to carpool and from where?