Originally published at: Klitsa Mountain / Jack’s Peak / 5040 Peak (C3) – Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Island Section
Details: A trio of day hikes on some highway 4 classics. This is an early-season trip and weather and snow conditions may be challenging.
- May 21: Klitsa Mountain via the Northwest Ridge Route
- May 22: Jack’s Peak via the Microhydro Route
- May 23: 5040 Peak via the Northwest Ridge Route
- be fit
- be confident unroped on steep snow
- have solid ice axe self-arrest skills
- expect dawn starts and long days
Group size is limited. Preference will be given to participants who commit to all three peaks, with a waitlist for anyone interested in individual peaks.
Equipment: Boots, gaiters, ice axe, helmet, crampons, a day pack with The Ten Essentials. Car camping gear is needed for the evenings.
Rating: This trip is rated as C3:
- C: Strenuous, 10+ hour days, 1200m+ elevation gain per day, day pack
- 3: Easy climbing, steep snow in mountainous terrain
Contact: Walter Moar, firstname.lastname@example.org