Originally published at: https://accvi.ca/events/accvi-annual-photo-competition/
CALLING ALL ACCVI PHOTOGRAPHERS
We are pleased to announce the date of the much anticipated Annual ACCVI Photo Competition: Thursday, November 4, 2021 at Swan Lake Nature House from 7:30 to 9:30PM. You can also attend by Zoom this year.
(Doors open at 7 PM)
If you are an ACCVI member please send your photos (maximum of 3 per member) to Brian Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance to win outdoor gear store gift cards
DEADLINE FOR PHOTO SUBMISSION IS 8 PM, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST (see details below for how to submit an entry)
Please try not to leave your submissions to the last day, as it makes a lot of work for Brian!!
PLEASE READ & NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Limit of three photos per member to be submitted
- Photos that do not fit category guidelines may not be entered into the competition
- All submitted pictures must have been taken in a mountain setting within the last year
- Please read to the bottom of this message. If photos are not submitted correctly and on time, they may not make it into the competition
- VI– Vancouver Island Mountains (with or without people)
- AS– Summer Mountain Activity (people active in the mountains – summer)
- AW – Winter Mountain Activity (people active in the mountains – winter)
- MS– Mountain Scenery (no people)
- NA– Nature: flowers, trees, plants, animals, birds, rocks, etc. taken in the mountains
- HU – Humour: use your imagination!
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY:
Email your digital images to Brian Parsons (email@example.com) by 8 PM on Monday, November 1, 2021. No entries will be accepted after this deadline.
Brian will try to confirm receipt of all photos by return email. If you do not get confirmation within 48 hours, it is possible that your email has gone astray or Brian is just busy, so please resend or be patient as it might take another day or two!
FILE NAMING – THIS IS IMPORTANT!
For example, Phee Hudson’s entry in Mountain Scenery (MS) would be labelled:
MS-PheeHudson-Arrowsmith at dawn
Please no commas, @, * and especially no periods in the file name.
For instance, Mt. Cain should be “MtCain” or “Mt_Cain”
Be aware that some email programs shrink photos when sending them, so the quality is much reduced. Send a test file to yourself to make sure you are getting the full size.
To display effectively in the competition each image file should within these 2 ranges:
Between 1280 x 1024 and 2048 x 1536 (4:3 ratio)
Between 1920 x 1080 and 2048 x 1152 (16:9 ratio)