Originally published at: https://accvi.ca/events/august_hisimy̓awiƛ_work_party/
Date: August 13-16
Costs: Transportation to the 5040 Trailhead, food for the volunteers staying at the trailhead.
Meeting location: Hišimy̓awiƛ
Description: With covid restrictions lifting and the hut reopening it’s time for a good old work party! Attendees will be required to hike to and from the hut unguided, with their own personal gear including the 10 essentials.
Attendees should also be comfortable working with power tools such as grinders, saws, drills, pickaxes and shovels. participants will also be able to lift objects up to 50lbs.
Meals such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be provided. but please bring your own snacks.
- Continue sealing the basement walls to prevent snowdrift inside during the winter months
- Install steel siding on the outhouse addition
- Install alcove to protect the outhouse door from wind-driven rain and snow
- remove damaged solar panels from the roof
- we will need a small group of volunteers to camp down at the parking lot and help dig out a clearing for our new signboard.
Equipment Requirements & Personal gear: Backpack, sleeping bag, snacks, we have a small assortment of gloves, but if you have exceptionally small or large hands you may want to bring your own.
for those staying at the parking lot, please bring a tent, sleeping bag, stove, etc, unfortunately, we will not be able to have a cook down there to assist you.
Maximum Participants Maximum number of people: 5 people will be able to sleep inside the hut, but if you wish to camp nearby feel free to come help!
Contact: Peter Gilbert,